The Maître’d Guest Experience is the ambassador of our dining room and works hand in hand with the owner, executive chef and front of house staff in order to make the customer experience magnificent. The Maitre’d brings passion to their role and is always innovative about how to make a guest’s experience memorable. Hospitality and communication skills are necessary and required. The Maître’d knows how to manage stress, control their emotions and maintain a positive frame of mind. The Maitre’d oversees the host position.
- The Maitre’d is a key position and imperative to driving regular dining and special event business into the restaurant.
- The Maitre’d is ultimately responsible for managing all aspects of the front door, guest arrival, seating and departure and host training.
- The Maitre’d is the extra “set of hands” during busy times, running food, picking up checks, solving guest problems, and doing any front-of house task that needs fulfilled so that guest expectations are met.
- The Maitre’d works in conjunction with the owner, executive chef, cocktail specialist, beverage manager and lead server for all special events and semi-private and private events to ensure that guest expectations are met and exceeded.
- The Maitre’d works directly with the owner to coordinate music and other special events to ensure the fulfillment of artist contractual obligations and to meet artists’ and guests’ experience expectations.
- The Maitre’d will have full knowledge of the Resy reservation system, both backend and frontend, and utilize it to its fullest to drive revenue, provide excellent guest relations and provide timely and accurate communication with guests.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org